Follow us on

Facebook  Twitter

Translate this site

Community Messages

Published: 12th October, 2011

SAMDev - Update on consultation process


As part of the on-going preparation of the Site Allocations and Management of Development Plan (SAMDev Plan) Shropshire Council is now consulting on a set of draft Development Management Policies until 28th March 2013.


Green Deal & Energy Company Obligation launched

The 'Green Deal' scheme will let you pay for a wide range of energy efficiency improvements through your electricity bill.

SAMDev - Position Statement November 2012

Following closure of the Consultation on Preferred Options, Shropshire Council issued a Position Statement in November 2012 - see More info.

Free Property Flood Protection Assessments

Shropshire Council are currently offering free property flood protection assessments for all Shropshire residents who have been affected by flooding. More information 

New Shop Front Guide published

In order to assist local businesses in the town centre, the Town Council has produced a Shop Front Design Guide

Park, Shop & Save Initiative

Double-issue Parking Ticket scheme is being introduced in Easthope car park, to enable visitors to reclaim 50p on parking fees from participating shops.

Public Consultation on Shropshire services - Update

In 2012 Shropshire Star conducted a week-long consultation, with more than 130,000 readers being asked their views on everything from the state of the local economy to how often they visit the pub!

Be part of building Church Stretton's Future

A call is going out to Church Stretton residents to be part of an exciting project to create the town's next development of affordable homes.

Wenlock Edge Planning Application

See attached update from National Trust

Free Parking for Stretton Residents in Cardingmill Valley

The National Trust wishes to advise anyone residing in one of the three Strettons that they can obtain a permit to park free in Carding Mill Valley.  Just call into the National Trust shop in the Pavilion with a copy of a utility bill or...